Monday, July 28, 2014

Hermana Arce



HEY hey!!! I can’t believe that this is my second to last p-day!!! Everyone keeps asking me how I’m feeling. i feel normal because nothing has changed yet; just doing the same thing I've been doing for the past 18 months. I do feel like I am starting to get kicked out because missionaries keep asking me to leave them my stuff.  

I got a call this past week from my trainer hermana Arce. She went home a year ago but is on the island visiting and wanted to get together. She hung out with us today since it was our pday. It was so fun to see her and reminisce about all of our adventures. 

One of the biggest bonuses of being in this area is the hermanas that I live with. I have gotten so close to them. We love chatting and always gather at night to laugh and tell stories. 

One of the biggest cons of our area is all the creepers. We have to plan our routes to avoid certain streets. The interesting thing is that most of the men that give us problems are older men. The teenage boys just hiss or cat call and then leave us alone. It is the 40 year old men that give us problems. 

This transfer has been really challenging but the biggest joy has been working with the less actives. Many are now going to church and it has been so fun getting to know some of their families.

I am getting excited to see you all!!! Thank you for your letters:)

con mucho amor, 
hermana christensen

This quote has helped me keep pushing through: 

"Patience is not passive resignation, nor is it failing to act because of our fears. Patience means active waiting and enduring. it means staying with something and doing all that we can- working, hoping, and exercising faith; bearing hardship with fortitude, even when the desires of our hearts are delayed. Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well. "
                                                       - President Uchtdorf


No comments:

Post a Comment