Monday, July 7, 2014

Healthy Again



Hey hey!! Looks like you had a good 4th! Happy Birthday America. We were going to do something special but it ended up just being a normal day. It hasn't been too long since I last wrote. I did indeed write last Wednesday because we were trapped in the house for 4-5 days due to the virus. It was sooo hard to be trapped in the house so long.
Every transfer has its trials and challenges. I would say that this transfer I am learning a lot about communicating. I think communication is one of my weaknesses. my companion and I were at each others’ throats after a week of being trapped in the house for so long. We were having problems with miscommunication, differing expectations, and personality differences. One afternoon we talked for over an hour about why we were clashing so much; we now talk every night after we plan about how well we communicated and taught together.I am grateful because I have learned and can say that I really do love my companion.

It is so important to get along with your companion. We often are very critical of other's weaknesses but expect others to be merciful to our flaws. I think the key to getting along with someone is trying to see through their eyes; understand why they do the things they do and say the things they say. But it can be miserable if you don't get along because we are together 24/7 and it is nearly impossible to teach effectively when there is tension.
We are teaching the most darling family. I just absolutely adore them. When we go to their house the kids run out and hug us. It’s the most awesome feeling- to feel loved by the people you teach. The mom is a single mom and the message just really clicks with her. She is so loving and hilarious.
A high point of the week was that three inactives went to church! yay, we were super excited.
I can’t believe how fast time is flying by. I still feel pretty focused but my companion remind me how much time I have left. She keeps telling me about things I need to do and what it’s going to be like when I go home.
Thank you for all the pictures and updates! Have a great week.
Hermana Christensen



"When you climb up a ladder, you must begin at the bottom and ascend step by step until you arrive at the top; and so it is with the principles of the gospel. You must begin with the first, and go on until you learn all the principles of exaltation. But it will be a great while after you have passed through the veil (died) before you have learned them. It is not all to be comprehended in this world; it will be a great work to learn our salvation and exaltation even beyond the grave.
                                    - Joseph Smith

"He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city."
                                     - Proverbs 16;32
"The people we serve don't care how much we know until they know how much we care about them."
                                                                  Jeffrey R. Holland


No comments:

Post a Comment